Road Time Trial
- Saturday 6th February
- Papaiti – Whanganui River TOP 10 Holiday Park
Download the Provisional Start List Below:
The Time Trial starts from 460 Somme Parade, Aramoho, adjacent to the Top 10 Holiday Park.
Vehicle parking is available on the grass section to the left as you drive down the entrance road to the Holiday Park Cyclists/supporters may also use the Park toilets. Please do not park vehicles on the Time Trial course itself or too close to the finishing area.
Competitors will ride out in a northerly direction on Papaiti Road for 10 km to the turn point and then return on the same route to the finish line. The road is generally in good condition, but there are several short sections where the road surface is rough.
Transponders, along with a number, will be used for timing your ride. If you do not have a carrier for the transponder, please arrive early and collect one from registration desk for fitting to your bike.
Key Rules and Information:
- Registrations & number pick up from 12.45pm.
- Please ensure you register and collect your number at least 45mins prior to your start.
- One number to be worn in the middle of the back.
- Please do not warm up on the course or pass the start/finish line pre- or post-racing.
- Riders will be called to the start line at least 5 minutes prior to their start time.
- Riders will leave the start at 1min intervals.
- Riders will be held (but not restrained) at the start. Any broken (early) starts will incur a time penalty.
- Disc wheels, handlebar extensions and aero bars can be used.
- The road is open to traffic, so riders must obey the road rules. Keep to the left-hand side of the road at all times that includes sections of the road that have no centre line markings.
- Marshals will be stationed at key points along the route, and at the turn. Marshals do not have the ability to stop traffic.
- Drafting is NOT permitted.
- No support vehicles are to follow riders.
- Your transponder and number will be collected at the finish line chute.
- Medal presentations will be on site at conclusion of the event.