2023 Youth Track Cycling Programme
Does a bike with no brakes, one fixed gear, going fast in an adrenalin pumping arena sound like a bit of you? Good news…we’d love to introduce you to Track Cycling!
Who can take part?
- Youth under the age of 18 years
- You’ll need to be confident to take on the challenge of riding a bike with no brakes! one gear! (don’t worry we will show you the ropes) and have a reasonable level of fitness.
- There’s no age minimum but it’s essential you are able to safely fit one of the clubs track bikes.
What do I need to take part?
- Firstly, a great attitude!
- Covered sports shoes
- Water bottle
- Suitable riding clothing; non-baggy shorts and non-baggy tops that cover your shoulders. If you have cycling shorts/tops and gloves, please wear those.
- Please familiarise yourself with the track rules and etiquette
How does it work?
- You’ll be introduced to Track Cycling by WCC volunteers Cath and Dayle Cheatley. Be prepared to have a lot of fun!
- You will be provided with a club track bike but you’re welcome to bring your own track bike
- Sessions will be a mix of track cycling etiquette, skills and technique
- Riders will be challenged based on their experience, age and ability
Term Four Dates | Monday 5-6pm
- Monday November 13
- Monday November 20
- Monday November 27
- Monday December 4
- Monday December 11
- Monday December 18
- Registrations are essential. Numbers are limited as we want to give you the best experience possible. Please register below.
$5 per session, this includes use of a club track bike
Please bring cash on the day or pay into the club bank account using your Surname and “youth” as reference
Wanganui Cycling Club
03 0791 0554164 01
You don’t need to be a club member to take part, but we encourage you to do so. It’s FREE for Youth.
Please complete this form here.
Other Key Info
1. If it’s wet, or even damp, it’s not safe to hold the sessions. We will post on Facebook any cancellations by 3pm Monday.
2. You only need to register once, whether you can make all sessions or just a few.
3. Please arrive, ready to roll, by 4.50pm using the Maria Place Extension Entrance.
4. Parents and supporters are welcome to the sessions but we ask you to enjoy the action from the grandstand.
Any questions, please contact Cath Cheatley email@example.com