What’s the Road Summer Series?
It’s a graded summer twilight road racing series over the Western Line circuit (approx. 11km) & Papaiti Time Trial course for Youth, eBike and Adult riders.
- Orientation Ride – 20th October
- October 27
- November 3, 10 (Time Trial), 17, 24
- December 1, 8
Each week we have a $50 Velo Ronny’s Voucher to give away, along with some other goodies!
Can I take part if I am new to Cycling?
You don’t have to be a WCC member to take part, but afterwards you’ll want to!
We will be holding an orientation ride on Wednesday 20th October where experienced riders will take you around the course and share the tricks of the trade! Meet at St Oswald’s Church from 5.45pm with the aim to be riding at 6pm.
Circuit Race HQ- St Oswald’s Church, SH3 Westmere
Time Trial Race HQ – Whanganui River Holiday Park, Aramoho
Open Grades: 1 & 2 laps options of the Western Line Circuit (approx 22km & 11km)
Youth: 1 x Western Line Circuit, approx 11km
eBike: 1 & 2 laps options of the Western Line Circuit (approx 22km & 11km)
Experienced Youth Riders can compete in Open Grades
Open Grades and Youth Points: 1 point per night raced plus points for top 10 – 1st = 10pts, 2nd = 9pts etc.
eBike: Try and improve your time each week!
Open: $10 per night
Youth & eBike: $5 per night
5.30pm: Registration Opens (Non Members must sign Waiver)
5.50pm: Registration Closes
5.55pm: Compulsory Race briefing and SPOT PRIZE draw
6.00pm: Open Grades start @ 1min intervals followed by Youth & eBike Grades
Other Key Stuff
1. You only need to register once whether you’re doing all races or just a few
2. You’ll keep the same number for the series, please hand your number back at the end of each night
3. Please use the St Oswald’s Church carpark for vehicles rather than the side of the road
4. Post race banter and refreshments will be provided
5. Results and photos will be posted on Facebook and the website each week
6. Any cancellations due to weather will be posted on Facebook and the website at 4pm each Wednesday
If you have any questions please contact Cath Cheatley email@example.com